Behold, your person, a collection of profoundly complex, profoundly valuable tools enabling you to interact with your environment and yourself. Although a challenge to fully fathom, understanding their basic mechanics and design features opens up a deeper intuitive adventure, and inducts you as the captain of your ship.
Senses are the physiological methods of perception. The senses and their operation, classification, and theory are overlapping topics studied by a variety of fields, most notably neuroscience, cognitive psychology (or cognitive science), and philosophy of perception. The nervous system has a specific sensory system, or organ, dedicated to each sense.
The senses and the chakras correspond as follows:
- 1st chakra (around tailbone, perineum) – sense of Smell
- 2nd chakra (around sacrum, two inches below navel) – sense of Taste
- 3rd chakra (around solar plexus, two inches above navel) – sense of Sight
- 4th chakra (sternum) – sense of Touch
- 5th chakra (throat) – sense of Hear
- 6th chakra (forehead) – sense of Perception
- 7th chakra (crown of head) – sense of Empathy
More about chakras can be found on the chakra page.